1. A bad guy that sits in a big, empty, black castle, wants to kill everyone, for no reason, with one henchman.
2. Characters unwilling to sacrifice someone to achieve their goal.
3. Heroes that are sent on a random quest to ‘save the world’, because they are ‘good’ and it is their destiny. (and given no useful information)
4. Villains who don’t do the obvious, smart thing, when presented the opportunity, because they are ‘bad’, and therefore, must be stupid.
5. Actually, ‘heroes’, and ‘villains’, as archetypes. Everyone has a little of both in them.
6. Characters who do not act in their own self interests, especially when no one is looking.
7. Character who think dying with ‘honor’ is better than living.
8. Typical fantasy races. At least, they are NOT what you think. 😉
9. Motivations for characters that are not explained, and that make no sense, once they are explained.
10. Evil and good. Everyone is ultimately ‘evil’ to someone who wants something else, and ‘good’ to those who are aligned in achieving the same goal.
I’ll put out another ‘top 10’ list soon!
Read the preview! I know you’ll love it.